Not everyone has the luxury of continuing being paid even when they are in hospital for prolonged periods of time. You may be one of those many South Africans. One of the best ways to limit the burden of this is buying a hospital plan from a good insurance company like AIG. AIG hospital plans start at from R85 per month, and offer an extensive range of benefits that can go a long way in ensuring your financial peace of mind. Here’s what we mean.
AIG Hospital Plan Insurance
- A daily cash benefit should you be hospitalized as a result of an accident or illness.
- You will receive a daily cash payout straight into your bank account when you are hospitalized
- Daily cash benefits are payable from day one.
- Unlike other insurance companies, AIG pays out from the first day you are hospitalized
- You can get cover of up to R5000 per day for up to 180 days per incident
- The maximum amount of cover you can get every single year is R1.8 million
- There are no medical examinations required
- The daily payout you receive can be doubled for every day that you are in ICU or the Intensive Care Unit
- Your cover extends internationally, i.e. you can claim under your policy even if you are hospitalized in another county
Hospital Cover for Your Family
AIG offers family hospital cover where you can include your children, spouse, parents and in-laws, and other family dependents under one policy. The major benefit to this is that you can save money on your monthly premiums instead of paying a single premium for each and every member you add to your policy.
However, you and your family members need to be between the ages of 18 years and 65 years to buy cover, from which your policy will stay active, i.e. you and the members of your policy will stay covered until you are 75 years old.
AIG Hospital Cover Waiting Periods
There will be just 2 waiting periods in your AIG hospital plan policy. The first waiting period applies to claims for general illness. In other words, there is a 3 month waiting period for general illness. However, accidental illness is covered immediately after taking up the policy.
The second waiting period applies to pre-existing conditions. These will be covered only after 12 months. This rule is generally universal among all the hospital insurance providers in South Africa. However, HIV and diabetes related illness are the exemption, and will be covered immediately by your policy.
AIG Hospital Plan Contact Details
AIG or American Insurance Group is a registered hospital cover provider in South Africa. You can get quotes for AIG hospital plans starting at R85 per month for yourself and your extended family by filling in their online form, contacting the company directly, visiting the company’s website or through a partner company such as Chartis Insurance.
Call: 0860 967 537